Acute Hair Fall
Hair fall occurs due to a variety of reasons though the main culprit is physiological. In addition to this, stress, excessive work pressure, a faulty diet, bad eating habits (irregular timings) and limited or no exercise does cause excessive damage. The only solution is to get to root cause. Extensive hair fall causes unrest regardless of gender. A thinning pate after a certain age, may not concern men if it is genetic but try telling a woman that she will have to live with the malady and watch her cry herself to sleep. Let us explore some of the ‘troublemakers’ that cause acute hair fall.
- Limited or no vegetables and/or fruit in the daily diet
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Bad eating habits
- A daily dose of aerated drinks instead of water
- Consumption of less than 8 glasses of water every day
- High cholesterol
- Erratic work/study schedules – mental pressure
- Excessive intake of the wrong food
- Other factors like the loss of a loved one, break up of a steady relationship, financial losses, etc. giving rise to extreme stress
- The quality and content of the water – testing the water is therefore imperative
Some Medical Reasons
A couple of medical reasons as to why people experience acute hair loss is because of a hormone imbalance, a thyroid problem, male and female pattern baldness, alopecia, bad condition of the scalp, skin related causes, cancer, hereditary factors, chemotherapy, radiation, some medication, etc. When the diagnosis has been established, keep your chin held high and handle the problem head-on. Go with what the doctor suggests, but if it does not work, keep the specialist posted. Sometimes doctors get a lot of flak but can it be his/her problem when the patient did not keep the specialist posted about the negative reaction to the medication?
Easy to Follow
Here are a few easy breezy solutions to help you deal with this annoying problem.
- Never use a comb or brush after washing your hair
- Run your fingers through your hair to take out the knots
- Massage the scalp everyday (use oil if you want)
- Change shampoos
- Stop stressing
If your hair is falling extensively, there IS something wrong. It is always best to check out the reasons for the excessive fall. As mentioned earlier, it is extremely frustrating for a woman to see her comb, brush or pillow strewn with strands of hair. Instead of fussing about this, get a move on and seek the help of a doctor who may stress on a change in eating habits, including exercise, avoiding stress, etc. Naturally, there are going to be days when you may want to ditch the diet and or exercise and go back to the old method. The objective is to make sure that you do not give into temptation as this not only causes a flabby waistline, but also affects the hair and your peace of mind.